Delhi is a city that has a lot to offer for tourists, from historical monuments and religious sites to modern attractions and shopping hubs. Here are some of the best tourist places in Delhi that you can visit:
- India Gate: This is a war memorial that commemorates the soldiers who died in World War I and the Afghan War. It is also a popular picnic spot and a venue for cultural events. You can enjoy the view of the Rajpath, the ceremonial boulevard of Delhi, from here
- Red Fort: This is a majestic fort that was built by Shah Jahan in the 17th century. It was the residence of the Mughal emperors and the seat of their power. It is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a museum that showcases the history and culture of the Mughal era. You can also witness the sound and light show that takes place every evening
- Qutub Minar: This is a towering minaret that was built by Qutub-ud-din Aibak in the 12th century. It is the tallest brick minaret in the world and a symbol of Islamic architecture. It is surrounded by other historical structures, such as the Quwwat-ul-Islam Mosque, the Iron Pillar, and the Alai Darwaza3
- Lotus Temple: This is a stunning temple that is shaped like a lotus flower. It is a place of worship for the Bahai faith, which believes in the unity of all religions. It is open to people of all faiths and backgrounds, who can meditate and pray in its serene hall. It is also an architectural marvel that has won several awards for its design.
- Chandni Chowk: This is one of the oldest and busiest markets in Delhi. It is a place where you can experience the vibrant and diverse culture of Delhi. You can shop for clothes, jewelry, spices, books, and more. You can also taste some of the most delicious street food in Delhi, such as parathas, chaat, jalebis, and kulfi3
These are just some of the many tourist places in Delhi that you can explore. You can also visit other attractions, such as Jama Masjid, Rashtrapati Bhavan, Jantar Mantar, Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, Connaught Place, Kingdom of Dreams, Raj Ghat, and more. You can find more information about these places by clicking on the links I have provided or by searching on Bing. I hope you have a wonderful time in Delhi!